Call a Coach!
As a clinic member, you have access to your very own PCHH Coach at no-cost.
Need some piece of mind? Your coach can review your NCQA PCMH 2011 documentation and help you assess if the documentation passes muster or if it needs improvements.
Not sure where to start? Your coach can meet with you/your team to assess your readiness for transformation and help you create your very own road map for success.
Hit a wall? Your coach can help you identify solutions that help you meet your transformation goals.
Your PCHH coach has assembled a variety of key resources to help you pursue health home transformation or become recognized as a Patient Centered Health Home. We hope these ‘go-to’ resources are useful in your efforts. All of the resources listed are no-cost unless stated otherwise.
NCQA PCMH 2011 Resources
Current 2011 NCQA 2011 Standards (3/25/13)
Clarifications & Policy Changes (3/25/13)
Live Trainings (calendar)
- Getting on Board PCMH
- PCMH 2011 Part 1 Standards & Guidelines (Standards 1-3)
- PCMH 2011 Part 2 Standards & Guidelines (Standards 4-6)
Safety Net Medical Home Initiative
8 Change Concepts for Practice Transformation (implementation guides & webinars)
- Engaged Leadership
- QI Strategy
- Continuous and Team-Based Healing Relationships
- Organized, Evidence-Based Care
- Patient Centered Interactions
- Enhanced Access
- Care Coordination
Coach Medical Home Curriculum (6 modules with action steps, tools and resources to facilitate transformation)
California Primary Care Association
Monthly PCHH Lunch & Learn Webinars (3rd Thursday of every month, 12:15pm – 1:15pm)
Examples of Archived Webinars:
- Health Center Success Stories: Petaluma Health Center (NCQA 2011, Level 3) and AltaMed Health Services (NCQA 2011, Level 3) share tips/best practices.
- Lessons from a Successful PCMH 2011 Application: Charla Parker, CPCA PCHH Coach, and Bill Tulloch, Director of Government Recognition Initiatives at NCQA, discuss best practices, tips and review commonly seen application mistakes.
Other PCHH Resources From Around the Web
- NCQA Documentation Examples (Community Care of North Carolina)
- NCQA Documentation Examples (Community Health Association of Mountain/Plains States) Please note that the documentation samples provided were submitted for health centers participating under the 2008 NCQA Standards & Guidelines.
- NCQA 2011 Medical Home Assessment (Primary Care Development Corporation) An excel-based tool that assesses how a practice compares to NCQA PCMH 2011 standards. Provides summary statistics and scores. Please note that the scores provided are not a guarantee that NCQA will provide the same score.
- Online Medical Home Solutions for Safety Net Providers (Primary Care Development Corporation) A 5-module course for all staff levels that takes a closer look at all NCQA PCMH 2011 Standards through practice assessment and interactive lessons. Cost for each module is $25.